Employment Policies and Release Form
There are a number of Comet Plumbing Supply policies that an applicant needs to know about and agree to before being employed. There also are a number of activities that Comet Plumbing Supply may want to instigate as part of the review and investigation of the appropriate background information on an applicant. The purpose of this document is to present these policies and investigative activities to the applicant to ensure that they are understood and agreed to at the time the application is submitted. We, therefore, ask that you please read, complete, and sign this form before you complete the Application for Employment.
Among the policies that have been adopted at Comet Plumbing Supply are the following that we believe are important for an applicant to know in advance of employment. These are listed below. Your signature on this Release Form indicates that you have read, understand, and would agree to operate under these policies if employed at Comet Plumbing Supply.
- 1. This firm is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, or religious preference.
- 2. Smoking is not permitted inside the building at Comet Plumbing Supply. For the safety and health of its employees, Comet Plumbing Supply is committed to a smoke-free building.
- 3. Your signature on this Release Form indicates that you understand and agree that if employed, that employment is for no definite period, and may, regardless of the date of payment of your wages and salary, be terminated at any time without previous notice
- 4. An offer of employment must originate from Patrick or Jean-Marie Cabaniss of Comet Plumbing Supply
Background Review Activities
Comet Plumbing Supply may conduct the following investigative activities as part of the background review of prospective employees. Your signature on this Release Form indicates you understand these activities and you authorize them to be performed with the conditions specified as listed below.
- 1. Persons convicted of specific crimes may not hold certain positions at this company. If you are applying for such a position and have been convicted of a felony, please note this below. If more space is needed, please provide the additional information on a separate sheet of paper. In addition, you authorize Comet Plumbing Supply to undertake a criminal records check with state police officials.
- 2. You authorize Comet Plumbing Supply to obtain a Motor Vehicle Record report. Our insurance company may also obtain a report through its sources. If the position you are applying for involves driving a motor vehicle, it is imperative that a good driving record exists.
- 3. You also authorize and request any and all of your former employers to furnish any and all information regarding your job performance. You agree to hold your former employers and their agents harmless from all liability that could relate in any way to the disclosure of private information or an assessment or opinion of your suitability for employment.